Lean Six Sigma Transactional Green Belt Course
Transactional vs. Standard Green Belt Courses: What's the difference?
Our Transactional Green Belt course differs from our standard Lean Six Sigma Green Belt in that it covers only the tools and concepts most important to transactional settings.
We developed our Transactional Green Belt course to appeal directly to those in the service industries (e.g., Banking, Finance, Retail) or positions (e.g., HR, Sales, Marketing, Finance). Though it mirrors our standard Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, it omits lessons that relate primarily to manufacturing.
NOTE: This course requires you to use statistical software. EngineRoom is MoreSteam.com's preferred program and comes free for 365 days with the purchase of this course.
Clicking one of the buttons below will change the Materials and System Requirements sections.
By completing this course of study, you will gain a solid general knowledge of the theory, composition and implementation of a Six Sigma initiative.
You will also become proficient in all of the basic analytical tools necessary to Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control Lean Six Sigma improvement projects, with the exception of design and analysis of experiments. You will learn team leadership and project management skills.
In short, as a Green Belt you will master the skills necessary to lead a complex process improvement project that produces bottom-line results.
This instructor-supported course is 70 hours long, and you have access to the materials for 365 days. When you enroll, you receive a free copy of EngineRoom®, MoreSteam's Microsoft® Excel®-based data analysis tool.
You also have other industry and software options to choose form (see Course Options section below).
Why a Transactional Green Belt?
We developed this separate Green Belt course to appeal directly to those in service industries (e.g., Banking, Finance, Retail) or positions (e.g., HR, Sales, Marketing, Finance).
This course closely mirrors the standard Green Belt course but covers only the tools and concepts most important to transactional settings. As a result you spend less time in actual training and more time in realistic practice, applying the concepts and using the tools to accelerate project completion.
The objective of this course is to develop a comprehensive set of skills that will let you to function effectively as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
You will learn the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt body of knowledge, practice techniques for both quantitative and non quantitative analysis, and gain the team leadership skills necessary to get projects across the goal line.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Communicate using Lean Six Sigma concepts.
- Think about your organization as a collection of processes, with inputs that determine the output.
- Relate Lean Six Sigma concepts to the overall business mission and objectives.
- Use the concept of a Sigma Level to evaluate the capability of a process or organization.
- Understand and apply the five step DMAIC model as a framework to organize process improvement activity.
- Employ a wide range of process improvement techniques within the DMAIC model.
- Recognize the organizational factors that are necessary groundwork for a successful Lean Six Sigma effort.
- Employ your Six Sigma skills to lead a successful process improvement project delivering meaningful results to the organization.
To successfully complete this course, you must review all of the lessons and complete all of the quiz modules. MoreSteam will provide you with a Certificate of Training Completion. By completing this course, you will earn CEUs or PDUs of credit.
This course consists of multiple sessions, each of which is a collection of related lessons.
Individual lessons also include simulations, toolsets and interactive practice exercises. Each session ends with an interactive quiz to test your knowledge.
The course is presented in a logical sequence to follow the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement process. We believe that you will learn most efficiently by following the sequence presented.
In particular, the first session presents an overview of Six Sigma, which will be helpful to put the remaining sessions in proper context.
On every page, you have access to a variety of helpful learning tools, from an online encyclopedia to a notes tab to support links. You can use the course navigation map to move through the course in a linear fashion or you can skip around and explore topics as you see fit.
Want to see what the course looks like? Then take our brief course tour.
Efficient, Informative and Accessible
- All course content is presented online, in an on-demand format. To begin, you simply log onto the MoreSteam University learning portal.
- You will learn the DMAIC methodology through numerous case studies and examples drawn from Service, Business Process, and Manufacturing applications.
- Coursework includes Lean enterprise topics such as value stream mapping, continuous flow, line balancing, and others.
- With a heavy practice orientation, as much as 1/2 of your time will be spent working through interactive practice exercises and online assessments.
- You have 365 days to complete this course.
The Green Belt is an essential member of any Lean Six Sigma team. As a Green Belt, you can assist or lead a team in executing process improvement projects. You will be competent in all of the basic analytical tools necessary to define, measure, analyze, improve, and control Green Belt improvement projects.
Green Belt training represents about half the time and material required for Black Belt training, so many professionals choose to start their process improvement career at this level. It's a quicker entry into the industry and a way to explore your comfort in the role before making a larger commitment.
If you work in a transactional environment, and your personal and career goal is to improve your value as an employee and organizational leader, then now is the time to earn your Lean Six Sigma Transactional Green Belt.
- Flexible: This course is presented in a logical, DMAIC format, but the sessions are modular, so you can explore the material as, how, and when you like.
- Accessible: Online training is available to you wherever you have an Internet connection and a browser.
- Responsive: The quizzes provide immediate feedback. The practice-based interactive exercise will engage your interest and help you to remember the material.
- Affordable: e-Learning has a far lower cost than classroom training. You have no travel expenses and don't miss valuable days at work.
- Meaningful: As proof of your expertise, you will receive a certificate of completion and CEUs or PDUs of credit.
Online training through MoreSteam is:
- Selected recent quotes from our alums:
- "This is one the best online courses that I have attended and provides a very clear understanding of Lean Six Sigma even to the uninitiated."
- - Senapathy S., Emirates NBD
- "I was concerned that it was going to be very boring & hard to follow. I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed each lesson. The content was informative & interactive. A job well done!"
- - Adrienne M., GlaxoSmithKline
- "I really enjoyed the course. I have started applying many of the methodologies that I have learned so far into my day-to-day routines, and I can see the difference."
- - Abdi H., Hertz
- "I would recommend MoreSteam U as a credible and reputable resource for acquiring Lean Six Sigma training. The modules are interactive, easy to navigate, and greatly balance theoretical knowledge with practical application and examples. The workbook is easy to print and a great resource, as are the free available resources."
- - Debra W., Health Quality Ontario
Session 1: Introduction to Lean Six Sigma • Introduction • Higher Standards for Higher Performance • Input Determines Output • Lean Six Sigma Defined • What's In a Name? • The 5 Lean Principles • The 8 Forms of Waste • Success Stories • The Sigma Level • The 99.9% Problem • DNA of a Champion • Lean Six Sigma Framework • DMAIC - The Lean Six Sigma Improvement Process • Lean and DMAIC • Thought Process Mapping - Toolset • Organizing for Success • Working Relationships • Introduction to EngineRoom® • Exercises and Quiz Session 2: Define I - Starting a Project and Leading Teams • Getting Started - Project Initiation • Project Selection Toolset • Project Charter Toolset • Project Planning & Tracking Toolset • Leadership Thinking • Robot Leadership • Fueling The Improvement Engine • Leading Teams • Developing an Effective Team • Improving Team Development • 4 Conversations Toolset • Leading Change • Leading Change - Continued • Success Factors For Effective Change Management • Stakeholder Analysis - RACI Matrix • Leadership Reflection • Exercises and Quiz Session 3: Define II - Voice of the Customer • Voice Of The Customer • Focus on The Customer • Understanding Customer Requirements • Where to Go For Customer Requirements • Conducting Surveys • Survey Considerations • Surveys - Sampling Frame • Structuring Survey Questions • The Degree of Uncertainty in Sampling • Guideline for Margin of Error • Affinity Diagram Toolset • CTQC Tree Diagram Toolset • Operational Definition Toolset • Voice Of The Customer As Specifications • Exercises and Quiz Session 4: Define III - Mapping the Process • Drawing a Process Picture • Process Thinking • The Source of Value • Value Stream Leverage • Process Mapping - Overview • Process Mapping (SIPOC) Toolset • Flow Charts • Value-Added Flow Charts • Spaghetti Charts • Takt Time • Value Stream Mapping Toolset • Define Tollgate - Progress Review • Exercises and Quiz Session 5: Measure I - Measurements and Basic Statistics • Measurements and Basic Statistics • Business Problem Solving • Basic Statistical Terms • Descriptive and Inferential Statistics • Measurements • Discrete vs. Continuous Measurements • Measurement Subjects • Graphical Summaries • Pareto Chart Toolset • Histogram Toolset • Understanding Variation • Measuring Central Tendency • Quantifying Process Variability • The Normal Distribution • Exercises and Quiz Session 6: Measure II - Measurement System Analysis • Measurement System Analysis - Introduction • Measurement As A Process • Cause & Effect Matrix Toolset • The Analysis of Measurement Systems • Attribute Measurement System Analysis • Calibration of Measurement Systems • Collecting Data • Developing a Sampling Plan • Baseline Performance • Derivative Performance Metrics - Throughput Yield • Derivative Performance Metrics - Rolled Throughput Yield • Calculating the Sigma Level - Toolset • Exercises and Quiz Session 7: Measure III - Charting Process Behavior • Introduction - Charting Process Behavior • Trend Chart Toolset • SPC - Introduction and Background • SPC - Introduction to Control Charts • SPC - Control Chart Limits • SPC - More On Control Limits • Implementing SPC • SPC Chart Selection • X and Moving Range Charts - Toolset • Attribute Control Chart Toolset • Measure Tollgate - Progress Review • Exercises and Quiz Session 8: Analyze I - Identifying Potential Root Causes • ANALYZE I - Introduction • Finding The Root Cause • Cause & Effect Diagram Toolset • 5-Why, 1-How • A Combination of 5-Why, Pareto, and Trend Charts • Scatter Plot Toolset • Correlation and Regression Analysis • Multiple Regression Toolset • Exercises and Quiz Session 9: Analyze II - Hypothesis Testing • ANALYZE II - Introduction • Introduction to Hypothesis Testing • The Process On Trial • The Hypothesis - Accept or Reject? • Types of Error • Hypothesis Testing • Confidence Intervals • Treatment Comparisons - Control Charts • Comparing Two Proportions Toolset • Comparing Two Means - t-Test Toolset • Comparing Multiple Means - ANOVA Toolset • Hypothesis Testing Learning Lab • Analyze Tollgate - Progress Review • Exercises and Quiz Session 10: Improve • Improve • Benchmarking • Brainstorming • Narrowing Down The List of Ideas • FMEA Toolset • Error-proofing • Continuous Flow Toolset • Balancing Capacity with Demand • Quick Changeover Toolset • Cellular Processing Toolset • Pull System Overview • Kaizen Toolset • Prioritizing and Selecting a Solution • The A3 One-Page Report • Corrective Action Matrix • Piloting a Solution • System Dynamics Toolset • Improve Tollgate - Progress Review • Exercises and Quiz Session 11: Control • Control • Control Charts Revisited • The Process Control Plan • More On FMEA • Visual Control • 5-S Approach • Best Practices and Lessons Learned • Standardized Work - Documenting Process Changes • Ending the Project • Control Tollgate - Progress Review • Exercises and Quiz • Course Completion • The Lean Six Sigma Journey
This course is available in several "industry flavors": Manufacturing (default), Healthcare, Financial Services, and Services.
Each version features customized case studies, examples and exercises. You can select your version when you purchase the course.
At MoreSteam, we adhere to a high standard, where certification requires you to complete this training course, a comprehensive exam, and an approved project.
Green Belt Certification is a separate process, however, you cannot take the certification with this version of the Green Belt. The certification exam and project require you to know more statistical techniques than are covered in this course.
Material Provided by MoreSteam.com
The course content includes a host of reference materials, video tutorials, practice data sets (provided as Microsoft Excel files) for engaging in statistical analysis, and an easily printed workbook for both note taking and additional exercises.
This course includes a a copy of EngineRoom® for Excel, our Excel-based solution for data analysis.
Material Provided by Student
MoreSteam eLearning is provided entirely online; all you need to access and make use of the course content is an internet connection, a modern browser and spreadsheet software. Please review the system requirements below.
When in your training course, you can use the on-screen Help features (e.g., glossary of terms and site search) for information. You can contact the Course Instructor by email during regular business hours to request assistance.
For general technical support, you can visit our MoreSteam University support section, where you can search through our online knowledge base or send us a support request.
The following are system requirements for MoreSteam eLearning:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows (7 and higher) or Apple Mac OS X
- Microsoft Office®: English-language (U.S.) version 2007 or higher.
- Network: Microsoft Excel must be running locally. EngineRoom will not perform correctly if you are running Microsoft Excel over a network as a distributed application.
- Versions: Only one version of Microsoft Excel can exist. EngineRoom will not perform correctly if there are multiple versions of Microsoft Excel installed on a single computer.
- Macro Security: EngineRoom contains macros; therefore Microsoft Excel macro security must be set to medium or lower.
- Toolpaks: The Microsoft Excel Analysis Toolpak and Analysis Toolpak VBA must be installed.
- Display Properties Setting: Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution.
- Audio: Optional audio in course.
- Chrome: Version 23+
- Firefox: Version 17+
- Internet Explorer: Version 10+ (non-tablet)
- Safari: Version 6+
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Latest version
- Flash 10 Player: Latest version
Note: The course content requires that any pop-up blocker be disabled.
When can I begin the course?
You can start MoreSteam courses any time after purchase. You do not have to wait for other students to fill a class or have to attend an instructor-led "kickoff" event. All the materials and instructions are online, and you can complete the course at your own pace.
Are there pre-requisites to this course?
This course has no pre-requisites. Unlike other online providers, we do not require you to take any prerequisite course for this level of training.
How long does Green Belt training take?
You have 365 days to complete the course, which represents about 70 hours of training, not including any external projects you may choose to complete.
Do I need a project to complete the training?
No. We do not require a project for training, though we strongly recommend that you accompany the coursework with a meaningful project.
A real-world project will significantly enhance the learning experience because you can use it to directly practice the concepts and tools as you complete the course.
Do you offer pricing discounts for groups of trainees and deployments?
Of course! Many of our larger customers send tens to hundreds of employees through Green Belt training. Please contact us directly to discuss your specific needs.