Scope of Policy
Information We Collect
MoreSteam collects personal data on certain areas of the Sites when you register for or purchase services offered by MoreSteam on the Site. We also commonly collect personal information that is provided by another on your behalf. One example of collection that occurs through a third-party is when training is purchased by an employer on behalf of its employees. Similarly, personal information may be communicated to us by our business partners in conjunction with a like purchase of training. The personal data we collect via our Sites varies, and employers and partners also send us information of varying detail. The information may include information such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and perhaps background information associated with an inquiry or request of support. For instance, by registering for MoreSteam newsletters or product updates, you agree to receive the correspondence to which you have subscribed at the e-mail address that you provided at registration. Only MoreSteam personnel will contact you using the email address you provide; meaning, MoreSteam will not share or distribute your email address any other information you provide as part of the registration process.
We may also automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites. The information we automatically collect may include IP address, a device identifier, web browser, and browsing information collected through cookies and other similar technologies (collectively “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies”) on our Sites. We may also automatically collect information about how you use the Sites, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites. The information automatically collected may be associated with other personal data you have provided.
Use of Information
Our Sites do not collect personal data about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services.
Data Recipients and International Data Transfers
Personal data we collect on the Sites, though delivery of Services and/or through direct means may be transferred from time to time to MoreSteam, or to employers/customers internationally, as well as to our third-party partners located throughout the world, including in countries where the local law may grant you greater or fewer rights than you have in your own country. Likewise, although the Sites and Services are hosted from facilities located in the United States, the Sites and Services may be accessed and viewed anywhere in the world. Where required by law, we have put in place legal mechanisms designed to ensure adequate data protection of your personal data that is processed by MoreSteam and third-party service providers, including the transfer of your personal data to countries other than the one in which you reside. If you would like more information about these legal mechanisms, which may include the EU’s Standard Contractual Clauses, please contact us at the address below. By using any of the Sites and providing information on any of them, you voluntarily consent to such trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
MoreSteam will not intentionally disclose or transfer (and will take reasonable steps to prevent the unauthorized or accidental disclosure of) your personal data to third parties without your consent, whether for such third parties’ own marketing purposes or otherwise, except as follows:
- MoreSteam may provide access to your personal data to third party service providers engaged by MoreSteam to provide services related to the Sites or Services, provided that such third- party service providers will first agree to maintain the strict confidentiality of such information and provide the same level of data security as provided by MoreSteam. Examples of such transfer would include maintaining your data on servers housed within the facilities of a hosting provider. A similar example would include providing personal data to personnel for reviewing eLearning performance, project coaching, or end-user technical support.
- We also may share your personal data with third party service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you, including, for example, administering surveys or communicating with you. These third party service providers are not permitted to use or disclose your personal data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- If disclosure is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
- To protect our property, services and legal rights;
- To prevent fraud against MoreSteam, our affiliates and/or business partners;
- To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or
- To comply with any and all applicable laws.
In addition, we may disclose or transfer your personal data in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business.
You should be aware that whenever you publicly disclose information online, that information could be collected and used by others. MoreSteam is not responsible for any action or policies of any third parties who collect information that users publicly disclose in any such forums that may be provided on the Sites either now or in the future.
Link to Third-Party Sites
MoreSteam has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized MoreSteam personnel and third party service providers are provided access to personal data, and these employees and service providers are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions however, MoreSteam cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data.
Data Retention Policy
The Sites and Services are not designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger, and MoreSteam does not intentionally collect or maintain personal data about anyone under this age.
Where granted by local law, you may have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the data. You may also have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we have collected about you and to have any inaccuracies in that data corrected. In certain circumstances, you may also request that we cease processing your personal data.
If you would like to make a request to access, review, or correct the personal data we have collected about you, or to discuss how we process your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com or by contacting us at the address or telephone number provided below. To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your personal data. We will make reasonable attempts to promptly investigate, comply with, or otherwise respond to your requests as may be required by applicable law.
We may be precluded from providing you with access to your personal data or otherwise fully complying with your request depending upon the effect of local laws, or the circumstances arising in connection with your request. For example, where producing your information may reveal the identity of someone else could limit our ability to respond as fully as you may expect or desire.
In circumstances allowing us to charge you a fee, we reserve the right to levy such reasonable charges. We may also deny your requests where they may be manifestly unfounded, and/or excessive, or otherwise objectionable or unwarranted. In addition, and where granted by local law, you have the legal right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority.