Lean Methods Accelerator Course
Our Lean Methods course provides you with a smart, comprehensive overview of Lean Enterprise tools and methods.
Whether used to supplement a Six Sigma curriculum or as a standalone course, this interactive, practice-based short course will help to define and drive your waste reduction efforts.
Lean topics include value stream mapping, continuous flow, takt time, kaizen, line balancing, quick changeover, and 5-S, among others.
NOTE: This course comes with EngineRoom® statistical software at no additional charge. EngineRoom® is MoreSteam.com's preferred software and will be available to Lean Methods students for 365 days with the purchase of this course.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of Lean Enterprise tools and methods, which may be used to supplement a Six Sigma curriculum.
Lean topics include value stream mapping, continuous flow, takt time, kaizen, line balancing, quick changeover, pull systems, and 5-S, among others.
When you've completed this course, you'll be proficient in the fundamental tools and language of Lean and will have learned the skills to effectively guide and support process improvement activities.
This course consists of three sessions, each of which is a collection of related lessons.
Individual lessons also include simulations, toolsets and interactive practice exercises. Each session ends with an interactive quiz to test your knowledge.
- Session 1 provides an overview of Lean Methods, background, and integration of Lean within the Six Sigma improvement process (DMAIC).
- Sessions 2 and 3 will show you how to develop and apply specific Lean tools and methods to arrive at a solution that reduces or eliminates a business challenge.
On every page, you have access to a variety of helpful learning tools, from an online encyclopedia to a notes tab to support links. You can use the course navigation map to move through the course in a linear fashion or you can skip around and explore topics as you see fit.
Want to see what the course looks like? Then take our brief course tour.
The overall objective of this course is to provide you with a comprehensive overview of Lean Enterprise tools and methods.
The interactive exercises, varied examples, session quizzes and rigorous practices throughout the course will provide you with abundant challenge, testing your knowledge and building your skills.
To successfully complete this course, you must review all of the lessons and complete all of the quiz modules.
Efficient, Informative and Accessible
- All course content is presented online, in an on-demand format. To begin, you simply log onto the MoreSteam University learning portal.
- Numerous case studies and examples focus on service and transactional processes, as well as production applications.
- With a heavy practice orientation, as much as 1/2 of your time will be spent working through interactive practice exercises and online assessments.
- You have 365 days to complete this course.
- Do you need a solid knowledge of Lean language, tools, and techniques? Then this is the right course for you.
- Online training is ideal if you have limitations on your time, travel, and budget, especially if you've been asked to work your day-to-day job at the same time you need to learn Lean Methods. This course covers the A to Z of Lean, from simple tools like 5-S through more complex concepts like pull systems.
- Our courses provide you with content-on-demand, which means you can set your own schedule, progress at your own speed, and review and re-enter sessions whenever you wish. It's flexible, practice-based, and accessible whenever and wherever you need it.
- Flexible: This course is presented in a logical, DMAIC format, but the sessions are modular, so you can explore the material as, how, and when you like.
- Accessible: Online training is available to you wherever you have an Internet connection and a browser.
- Responsive: The quizzes provide immediate feedback. The practice-based interactive exercise will engage your interest and help you to remember the material.
- Affordable: e-Learning has a far lower cost than classroom training. You have no travel expenses and don't miss valuable days at work.
- Meaningful: As proof of your expertise, you will receive a certificate of completion and CEUs or PDUs of credit.
Online training through MoreSteam is:
- Selected recent quotes from our alums:
- "This is one of the best on-line courses I've attended."
- - Pushpa N., Fidelity OES
- "The MoreSteam Lean Methods Accelerator course is a practical way for busy professionals to extend their skills through knowledge of Lean concepts and techniques."
- - Jeff K., Infosys Consulting
- "I found this course to be easy to navigate through with the right level of content. I would highly recommend it to others."
- - Bernard C., Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- "It was very informative and easy to follow."
- - Nikolas E., Hertz
Session 1: Introduction to Lean Methods • Introduction • The 5 Lean Principles • What's In a Name? • Input Determines Output • DMAIC - The Improvement Process • Lean and DMAIC • Thought Process Mapping - Toolset • Introduction to EngineRoom® • Skill Check Session 2: Lean Tools to Define and Measure • Introduction • Process Thinking • The Source of Value • The Source of Value: Gemba • The 8 Forms of Waste • Process Mapping - Overview • Value-Added Flow Charts • Spaghetti Charts • Takt Time • Value Stream Mapping Toolset • Leveling Production (Heijunka) • Measurements • Discrete vs. Continuous Measurements • Pareto Chart Toolset • Benchmarking • Kaizen Toolset • Skill Check Session 3: Lean Tools to Analyze, Improve, and Control • Introduction • The A3 One-Page Report • 5-Why, 1-How • Design for Lean Six Sigma (DFSS) • Design For Lean - Supply Chain Dynamics • Error-proofing • Continuous Flow Toolset • Quick Changeover Toolset • Cellular Processing Toolset • The Theory of Constraints (TOC) Toolset • Pull System Overview • Pull Scheduling • Core Process Pull Toolset • Replenishment Pull Overview • Visual Management • 5-S Approach • Total Productive Maintenance • TPM Objectives & Benefits • TPM Metrics • TPM Core Elements • TPM Maintenance Activities • Standardized Work - Documenting Process Changes • Leader Standard Work Toolset • Skill Check • Course Completion • The Lean Journey
We offer this Lean course in languages other than English. View the outlines below and contact us directly for more information.
Chinese - Lean Methods Accelerator Training Outline
German - Lean Methods Accelerator Training Outline
Portuguese - Lean Methods Accelerator Training Outline
Spanish (Latin American) - Lean Methods Accelerator Training Outline
- This course has no pre-requisites.
Materials Provided by MoreSteam
- The course includes Microsoft® Excel® templates for problem solving and statistical analysis. The templates are available as downloads within the course material.
Materials Provided by Student/Company
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Office 2003 or higher is recommended. Office 97 and 2000 do not take advantage of all Excel template features.
When in your training course, you can use the on-screen Help features (e.g., glossary of terms and site search) for information. You can contact the Course Instructor by email during regular business hours to request assistance.
For general technical support, you can visit our MoreSteam University support section, where you can search through our online knowledgebase or send us a support request.
The following are system requirements for MoreSteam eLearning:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Latest version
- Flash 10 Player: Latest version
- Note: The course content requires that any pop-up blocker be disabled.
No additional requirements are necessary for EngineRoom Web.
When can I begin the course?
With e-Learning, you can start at any time after purchase. You do not have to wait for other students to fill a class or have to attend an instructor-led "kickoff" event. All the materials and instructions are online, and you can complete the course at your own pace.
Does this course include certification?
We do not offer a formal certification for our short courses. As proof of your training, you receive a formal certificate of completion when you pass all of the course quizzes. You also receive CEUs or PDUs of credit.
Do you offer pricing discounts for groups of trainees and deployments?
Of course! Many of our larger customers send tens to hundreds of employees through Lean Methods training. Please contact us directly to discuss your specific needs.