Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Estimated Time: 140 hours
Earn your Black Belt by completing the most thorough and widely-respected eLearning course in the world.
- World-class Black Belt training used by hundreds of Fortune 500 companies and major universities
- Superior instructional design with user-friendly navigation
- Clear & compelling content
- Extensive practice opportunities, including simulations, interactive exercises, and skill checks
- Videos to walk you through difficult concepts
- Easy access from your computer, tablet, or phone
- Course access for a year
- Flexibility to work at your own pace
- No prerequisite necessary
- Open enrollment — start whenever you are ready
Price: $3,100 (plus applicable sales tax)
Group & Academic pricing available. Contact us for information.
240+ practice exercises
Graphic animations bring concepts to life.
Take 2 videos illustrate key lesson points.
Interactive practices offer a fun way to apply your knowledge.
Create a personal review sheet with the notes & highlighting feature.
What have you missed? See a summary of all the learning aids on your personal dashboard.
What's Included / Features
140 hours of training
Instructor and technical support
Customized training for healthcare, finance, service, and general industry
Available in three languages: English (EN), Chinese (ZH), and Spanish (ES)
Includes a free one-year subscription to EngineRoom software ($300 value)
Compatible with other statistical software options, including Minitab or JMP
Process Improvement Projects
Charting Process Behavior
Identifying Potential Root Causes
- Certificate of completion
- 13.7 CEUs eligible to be claimed
- 137 PDUs eligible to be claimed
- Average salary for a Black Belt in the U.S.: $118,656*
- Train using the same trusted course material used by more than half of all Fortune 500 companies, including Google, Rolls-Royce, Southwest Airlines, and Nationwide
- Course material also trusted and used at major universities including The Ohio State University, Indiana University, California Polytechnic State University, and University of Notre Dame
*Source: 2020 QP Salary Survey (ASQ)
- No pre-requisite necessary
- 12 sessions, providing comprehensive base of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt knowledge
- Begin whenever you're ready and work through each session at your own pace
SESSION 1: Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
– 5 Lean Principles, 8 Forms of Waste, Critical Success Factors
SESSION 2: Define I – Starting a Project and Leading Teams
– Project Planning, Leadership Characteristics, Improving Team Development
SESSION 3: Define II – Voice of the Customer
– Conducting Surveys, Affinity Diagram Toolset, QFD Toolset
SESSION 4: Define III – Mapping the Process
– The Source of Value (Gemba), Process Mapping, Flow Charts
View Full Outline
Realistic examples show details of how tools are used.
Creative story-based exercises draw you into the problem to be solved.
Step-by-step instructions make it easy to follow along and create your own example.
Terms are explained in common language and often drawn to clarify understanding.
Side links offer a variety of resource materials related to each lesson.
Hands-on practice is included for each tool. Redo the practice exercises as often as you like.
Relatable examples connect learning to real life scenarios.
Course material written by industry experts with years of experience, making it the most comprehensive and beneficial online Black Belt course available.
Testimonials & Reviews
"I never believed in online courses until I took this one. It really helped me understand complex terms and significantly exceeded my expectations."
– Patrycja, Hewlett-Packard
"I am currently a deployed soldier and this course enabled me to continue my LSS journey away from my company"
– Ross, Aviall Inc.
"The most effective and comprehensive training I have ever been involved with in my career."
– Thomas, Nationwide
"I would recommend MoreSteam for anyone."
– Bob, Campbell Soup Company
"Fantastic course design. Very intuitive and practice-oriented. Useful across multiple industry verticals."
– Mohit, IBM
Want to learn more?
CONTACT US TODAY...
OR SIGN UP FOR A DEMO
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access the course?
You can access the course anywhere you can get on the Internet — simply log in to the MoreSteam.com portal from your computer, tablet, or phone.
Will I receive certification when I'm done with this course?
No. Although you will receive a certificate of completion, official Black Belt Certification is a separate process. You must purchase certification separately from any online training course. For more information, visit the Black Belt certification page.
How long does Black Belt training take?
You have 365 days to complete the course, which represents about 140 hours of training, not including any external project work you may choose to complete.
Are there prerequisites to this course?
No. Unlike other online providers, we do not require you to take any prerequisite course – Green Belt or other – prior to your Black Belt training. Our Black Belt course includes all of the material you would learn as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. If you have already taken MoreSteam's Green Belt course, contact us to request an upgrade to Black Belt.
Do I need a project to complete the training?
No. We do not require a project for training, though we strongly recommend that you accompany the coursework with a meaningful project. A real-world project will significantly enhance the learning experience because you can use it to directly practice the concepts and tools as you complete the course. Successful project work is also required for any certification process.
Do you offer pricing discounts for groups of trainees and deployments?
Of course! Many of our larger customers send tens to hundreds of employees through Black Belt training. Please contact us directly to discuss your specific needs.
Why Choose MoreSteam?
MoreSteam.com is the world's leading provider of online training, certification, and technology for Lean Six Sigma. By choosing us as your source of training, you will join a network of more than 600,000 professionals across the world, representing more than 50% of all Fortune 500 companies and several prestigious universities.
MoreSteam is honored to be a longtime partner with the American Society for Quality. ASQ members can find our courses in the ASQ Training Catalog.
Simply put, we offer the most comprehensive and beneficial online Lean Six Sigma training available, and we pride ourselves on preparing students to thrive in whatever industry they pursue.