Continuous Improvement in the New Reality of Industry 4.0 - Part One
In our age of digital technologies, new buzzwords such as "Industry 4.0," "Artificial Intelligence," "Machine Learning," and "3D printing," sound louder each day, and you might be thinking that the "old" concepts of "Lean" and "Six Sigma" are not relevant anymore. In this two-part program, we will discuss how the old and the new concepts complement each other and play hand-in-hand.
- How can Lean Six Sigma leverage from the new digital technologies?
- How can IoT technology help you collect OEE data?
- How can visual recognition prevent process defects?
In our first session, we will introduce the different technologies that are collectively called Industry 4.0, focusing on the problem solving methodology and its interface with technology.
In part one, the following key points will be covered:
- Overview of the Industry 4.0 technologies
- Connection of Industry 4.0 technologies with traditional Continuous Improvement frameworks
Alexander Silantyev currently leads the Continuous Improvement practice at PwC Belgium, offering not only Lean Six Sigma but also agile methods, such as Design Thinking, to the market. Before joining PwC, Alexander worked as a Continuous Improvement Leader for AB InBev. He holds a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA degree from Vlerick Business School. Alexander is passionate about teaching and coaching and is eager to apply new concepts and technologies into his work.