Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Develop a foundational understanding of Lean Six Sigma and begin to improve business processes with MoreSteam’s online Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course.
Apply Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies to Enhance Your Problem-Solving Skills
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course is designed to provide participants with a foundational understanding of Lean and Six Sigma principles, equipping them with the tools and skills necessary to contribute to process improvement initiatives within an organization. This self-paced online course is ideal for individuals seeking a comprehensive introduction to Lean Six Sigma methodologies and aiming to make meaningful contributions to efficiency and quality in their work environment.
The course is delivered through a combination of lessons, videos, interactive exercises, and case studies to ensure a hands-on learning experience. Participants will have the opportunity to apply Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies in real-world scenarios. Our customer support team is available as you navigate your courses, ensuring you have all you need to get the most out of your online training. Should you have any content-related questions or technical concerns, we provide exceptional customer service.
- Course Type
- Time to Complete
- 27 hours
- Optional Add-on
- Average salary of a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt $114,424*
- Average savings of a Yellow Belt project $75,000*
*As of 2023, reported in "2023 ASQ Salary Survey: The Complete Report," Quality Progress, December 2023.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Curriculum
- Input Determines Output
- The 5 Lean Principles
- The 8 Forms of Wastes
- The 99.9% Problem
- DMAIC - The Improvement Process
- Introduction to EngineRoom®
- Project Charter
- Voice of the Customer
- Affinity Diagrams
- CTQC Tree Diagram
- Process Mapping (SIPOC)
- Value Stream Mapping
- Measurement & Metrics
- Calculating the Sigma Level
- Trend Charts
- X and Moving Range Charts
- Pareto Chart
- Cause & Effect Diagrams
- 5-Why, 1-How
- Scatter Plots
- Correlation and Regression Analysis
- Benchmarking & Brainstorming
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Continuous Flow
- Quick Changeover
- Piloting Solutions
- Visual Management
- CHECK Approach
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Standardized Work
- Process Control Plans
- Project Close Out
Included in this Course
- 27 hours of practice-based training with a strong emphasis on application
- Course customizations based on industry for a personalized learning experience.
- Lesson audio, blackboard videos, formula walk-throughs, interactive exercises, and industry case studies
- Access to the course for 365 days, allowing you to work at your own pace
- One of eight language options: English, Chinese, German, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, or Polish
- Lessons developed by industry leaders with 20+ years of experience delivering Lean Six Sigma training
- One year of access to EngineRoom, MoreSteam's online data analysis software for continuous improvement
- Course tools to track your progress, highlight the material, take notes, and bookmark lessons for review
This is one of the best online courses that I have attended. It provides a very clear understanding of Lean Six Sigma, even to the uninitiated.
The ability to either read or listen to the lessons allowed me to learn either at my desk or on business trips. The mobile-friendly format meant I wasn't tied to a computer.
St. Luke's Health System
EngineRoom was great — I couldn't have passed without it!
I really enjoyed the course. I have started applying many of the methodologies into my day-to-day routines, and I can see the difference.