Charting Process Behavior (SPC)
Establish a deep understanding of the tools and techniques essential for effectively monitoring and controlling processes with MoreSteam's online SPC course.
Turn process data into actionable next steps
Sustaining process improvement in the long term takes drive and vision, but much of its day-to-day execution comes down to data: gathering it, analyzing it, and making decisions based on what it tells us. It's critical to have team members dedicated to better understanding processes and the data they produce, even if they're not Six Sigma Black Belts.
MoreSteam's 12-hour Charting Process Behavior course focuses on Statistical Process Control (SPC), a part of the Lean Six Sigma body of knowledge that governs how data is collected and interpreted to take meaningful corrective action. This course guides trainees through the steps of applying SPC tools, emphasizing when, where, and how to interpret data and run calculations. It requires no prior knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, and helps participants transfer these principles to their day-to-day work.
- Course Type
- Time to Complete
- 12 hours
Charting Process Behavior (SPC) Curriculum
- The Six Sigma Improvement Process
- Fundamental Measurements & Metrics
- Trend Charts
- Quantifying Process Variability
- Introduction to Statistical Process Control
- Control Charts Overview
- Control Chart Limits I
- Control Chart Limits II
- Preliminary Steps for SPC
- SPC Chart Selection
- Rational Subgrouping
- The Normal Distribution
- Transformation and Control Charts
- X & Moving Range Charts
- Attribute Control Charts
- X-bar & R Charts
- Using Stage Variables
- Case Study - Chart Noir
- Process Capability
- Advanced SPC Charts I
- Advanced SPC Charts II
Included in this Course
- Lesson audio, blackboard videos, formula walk-throughs, interactive exercises, and industry case studies
- Select courses include a subscription to EngineRoom® Data Analysis Software or are compatible with Minitab or JMP
- Course tools to track your progress, highlight the material, take notes, and bookmark lessons for review
- English courses include audio narration to support multiple learning styles
- Course customizations based on industry for a personalized learning experience
- Lessons developed by industry leaders with 20+ years of experience delivering Lean Six Sigma training
Get Started Today
- 12 hours of training with the flexibility to choose between reading or listening
- Assistance from instructors regarding content-related inquiries
- Industry-focused options: manufacturing, healthcare, finance, and service sectors. Customization options available for an additional cost
- An in-application feature for taking notes and highlighting the material
- Includes access to EngineRoom® Data Analysis Software for one year
The Charting Process Behavior course is very well designed and structured. It is an efficient online educational program.
Outstanding course on SPC. The practice sessions and quiz require the student to understand the process and basic assumptions of why SPC will help the practitioner improve processes.
This self paced, interactive course fits in with my schedule and my need perfectly.