Design for Six Sigma Green Belt
Develop a new framework of thinking to enhance your organization's process development with MoreSteam's online Design for Six Sigma Green Belt course.
Design Processes that Meet Customer Requirements at the Highest Level of Quality
Excellence in process design requires an organized and purposeful approach driven by empathy for customer needs and informed by data. MoreSteam's Product Design Excellence Green Belt course incorporates several design disciplines' best methods and practices, including Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Design for Lean Six Sigma, and Agile Software Development.
Our Product Design Excellence Green Belt course is perfect for engineers, programmers, or product designers that want to learn how to develop and design new products within their organization. In this course, you will learn how to apply the Define > Concept > Design > Optimize > Validate (DCDOV) roadmap of critical questions to guide your design activities. You will also master all of the tools necessary to answer those critical questions.
- Course Type
- Time to Complete
- 45 hours
Design for Six Sigma Green Belt Curriculum
- What is Design Excellence?
- Improving Lifecycle Cost
- DCDOV vs. DMAIC
- Introduction to EngineRoom
- Project Tracking
- Project Charter
- Voice of the Customer & Customer Requirements
- Market Segmentation
- Conducting Surveys
- Affinity Diagram Toolset
- Operational Definitions Toolset
- QFD Toolset
- The Core Principle of DFSS
- Metrics & Benchmarking
- The Creative Process
- Pugh Concept Selection Toolset
- Progress Review
Anaytics for Design
- Statistical Terms and Graphical Summaries
- Measuring Central Tendency & Process Variability
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Hypothesis Testing
- Analyzing Designs & Error-Proofing
- FMEA Toolset
- Process Reliability
- Building a Process Model
- Process Performance
- Discrete Event Simulation & Process Playground
- Case Study Exploration
- Monte Carlo Toolset
- Continuous Flow Optimization
- Design for Lean & Supply Chain Dynamics
- Aspects of Verification
- Process Control Plan
- Testing a Design
- Reliability & Piloting a Design
- Standardized Work
- Process Launch
- Project Wrap-Up
- Progress Review
Not Your Traditional Design for Six Sigma Course
The Design Green Belt course offers a broader scope than Design for Six Sigma. It heavily emphasizes experimentation and iterative design through physical and virtual prototyping. This design curriculum leans heavily on Process Playground, a virtual simulation tool that supports learners in “building to think” with dynamic process models. Learners can experiment with and stress-test virtual twins of their processes in a low-cost, low-stakes environment that is, nonetheless, high-fidelity. Most importantly, this design course prioritizes thoughtfully designing processes and products that anticipate, meet, and exceed customer needs - a goal that extends well beyond achieving a specific Sigma Level.
Included in this Course
- 45 hours of practice-based training
- Access to the course for 365 days, allowing you to work at your own pace
- Lesson audio, blackboard videos, formula walk-throughs, interactive exercises, and industry case studies
- Course tools to track your progress, highlight the material, take notes, and bookmark lessons for review
- Access to Process Playground™, MoreSteam's online discrete simulation tool
- Lessons developed by industry leaders with 20+ years of experience delivering Lean Six Sigma training
Get Started Today
- 45 hours of training with the flexibility to choose between reading or listening
- Assistance from instructors regarding content-related inquiries
- An in-depth walk-through of Process Playground, a process modeling tool used to develop and stress-test process designs
- Industry-focused options: manufacturing, healthcare, finance, and service sectors.
- Customization options available for an additional cost
- An in-application feature for taking notes and highlighting the material
- Includes access to EngineRoom® Data Analysis Software for one year
An excellent vehicle for learning and applying the principles of Design for Six Sigma, process and product.
This was a really fun way to learn. The materials will be a great reference. The tools are wonderful.
SMDC Health System
MoreSteam has done an outstanding job of making the "DFSS for Process" training a meaningful experience. They clearly understand how to deliver quality training because they recognize that requires both excellent material and knowledge of the delivery medium.
I found this course to be very up-to-date in its thinking, and it has a very high relevance of reference material.