Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
If you have taken or plan to take our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course, then you have the option to purchase and complete our Green Belt certification course.
At MoreSteam, training and certification are two separate processes. To earn Green Belt certification, you must:
- Complete the online Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Course,
- Achieve a passing score (80%) on the Green Belt final examination, and
- Complete a successful Lean Six Sigma improvement project.
Green Belt certification represents the thorough study and proper application of Lean, Six Sigma and other process improvement techniques. It's an impressive accomplishment that can result in advancement at work and increased compensation and responsibility.
Want to earn your certification?
To achieve Green Belt certification, you must complete the following:
- Training: Successful completion of the MoreSteam course of study,
- Testing: A passing score on the comprehensive final exam,
- Application: A detailed review of one successful Lean Six Sigma improvement project
These steps are described in greater detail lower on this page.
You are expected to complete the course and requirements within an 12-month period. Upon award of the certification, you will receive a signed certificate suitable for framing.
Please note: there is no guarantee of certification, and the certification process is only available to MoreSteam students.
How Does MoreSteam Compare to Other Certifications?
We subscribe to the Green Belt certification standards established by the Center of Operational Excellence at the Fisher School of Business at The Ohio State University. As a result, MoreSteam certification is valued more highly by hiring managers and deployment leaders.
If you would like to compare MoreSteam's Green Belt certification to other popular programs, such as ASQ and Villanova University, visit our Green Belt comparison page.
The Green Belt is defined by a strong knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean methods and project management training. Depending on your industry or organization, you will see Green Belts either leading simple projects or working as a team member on a large project team.
If your goal is to master this skill set and improve your value as an employee, then you should earn your Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
Certification - the recognition that you have both studied and successfully practiced the application of process improvement - is a more formal step in the process. It takes longer to acquire certification than training alone, but once you have done so, you will have proof of your competence and abilities.
While certification is not required for Lean Six Sigma practitioners, most authorities and leaders value certification more highly, especially when it comes from a known and reliable source.
- Increase your personal skill set and value
- Have the opportunity for increased responsibility, recognition and earnings
- Can positively impact the health and efficiency of your organization
With Green Belt certification from a respected provider, you:
- Test Duration: 3 hours
- Test Length: 60 questions
- Passing Grade: 80%
- Test Coverage: Materials included in the MoreSteam Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course
MoreSteam's Belt Certification requires that you pass a final Green Belt exam.
This is an online exam based on the Lean Six Sigma body of Knowledge. You will need to have completed your MoreSteam training class prior to taking the final examination.
Where is the test located?
This test is online and available through the same MoreSteam University learning portal as the belt training class and the TRACtion project manager.
Who grades the test?
The test is automatically graded once you are finished. You will be given an opportunity to review your results.
Can I retake the test?
If you do not pass on the first attempt, you can re-take the test once and after a one-month waiting period.
Can I complete my test as the last qualification for certification?
Sorry, no. You must pass your exam prior to project review.
- No. Projects: 1 project
- Time to Complete: 12 months (includes training period)
- Type of Report: Report in full detail
- Interview Required: No
- Required Project Coverage: Materials included in the MoreSteam Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course
MoreSteam's Belt Certification requires that you complete one successful process improvement project to prove that you have the ability to apply your knowledge.
Projects are structured Belt activities that must follow the DMAIC framework and must yield improvement in a performance metric that is important to your organization's mission.
To complete your certification, we require that you successfully complete improvement projects that demonstrate the effective application of what you learned in your course.
How do I keep track of my project?
You will receive access to TRACtion, our online project management and tracking tool. Once you have registered for and purchased certification, we will send you information on how to access and use TRACtion.
TRACtion guides you through the project process with critical questions, tollgate reviews, templates, links to training and more. Learn more about TRACtion.
How long do I have to complete the project?
All Green Belt project requirements should be completed no later than 12 months after the start of Green Belt training and certification.
If you are unable to meet the specified due date, we may grant you a short extension based on a reasonable written request. The request must clearly include proper justification in order for us to consider the extension.
Will I receive help on my project?
Our instructors are available to assist you. For example, it's a good idea to submit your completed project charter for review before you get too far along in your project to make sure it's acceptable and scoped correctly. All MBB commentary will be captured inside of TRACtion.
What are the Project Requirements?
For each project, we require a clear explanation of your actions. The final project report must include an interpretation of the process and results (i.e., what you did, why you did what you did, and what it means).
In your final project submissions, you should include documentation to show mastery of the body of knowledge as described in the Project Requirements documentation (PDF).
- This certification has no pre-requisites, but you will need to either have taken or plan to take MoreSteam's Lean Six Sigma Green Belt online training course.
- You will need to purchase both the training and certification through the online store or by contacting MoreSteam directly.
Materials Provided by MoreSteam
- To help you manage your project, you will receive access to TRACtion, our online project management and tracking tool. Once you have registered for and purchased certification, we will send you information on how to access and use TRACtion.
- TRACtion guides you through the project process with critical questions, tollgate reviews, templates, links to training and more. Learn more about TRACtion.
Support from MoreSteam
- Our instructors are available to assist you. For example, it's a good idea to submit your completed project charter for review before you get too far along in your project to make sure it's acceptable and scoped correctly. All MBB commentary will be captured inside of TRACtion.
System Requirements for Online Courses
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows® with Microsoft Office® (Word®, Excel®). MS Office® 2007 or higher recommended. MS Office 2003 will not take advantage of all Excel template features.
- Display Properties Setting: Viewed best with High Color (16 Bit) or True Color (32 Bit) and 1024 x 768 screen size.
- Audio: Sound Card and Speakers or Headphones
- Internet Connection: high speed encouraged
- Browser: Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher (Free Download), or Firefox 7.0 or higher. Browser must be enabled to read Java.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Free Download, latest version, see below
- Flash 10 Player: Free Download, latest version, see below
- Java™ SE Runtime Environment: Free Download, see below
- Internet Explorer
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Reader
Click here to test your system
Click on any of the links below to download the latest software:
Why do we offer certification separate from training?
Certification is a process that confirms your mastery of the Lean Six Sigma knowledgebase and conclusively proves you can successfully apply the tools and techniques to projects. Training providers who throw in a so-called "certification" at the end of their course are in fact only offering a certificate that shows knowledge, not proof of application. Experienced process improvement leaders and hiring managers discern this difference and place a far higher value on MoreSteam's rigorous certification process.
What is the difference between Green Belt and Black Belt certification?
Six Sigma practitioners adopted an advancement system that parallels martial arts -- the darker the belt, the more advanced skills held. For a visual example of the differences, view our online Lean Six Sigma Belt comparison graph.
When it comes to training and certification, the distinction between what constitutes 'Green Belt' competency and 'Black Belt' competency varies across the industry. Find out how MoreSteam distinguishes between the two levels in this direct comparison table (PDF).
Do you offer pricing discounts for groups of trainees and deployments?
Of course! Many of our larger customers send tens to hundreds of employees through Lean Methods training. Please contact us directly to discuss your specific needs.