Fundamentals of Project Management
This online Project Management course covers the fundamental skills, techniques and methods necessary to plan and lead a complex project to successful completion.
The body of knowledge covered by this course aligns with the Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK® as provided by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). When you successfully complete the course, you receive 16 PDU's for PMI recertification.
This Fundamentals of Project Management course is comprised of multiple separate sessions that follow the Project Management Body of Knowledge - PMBOK as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
By completing this course of study, you will gain a solid general knowledge of the fundamental techniques and methods used to successfully plan, manage and lead a complex project.
The overall objective of this course is to help you effectively plan complex projects and lead teams to successfully complete those projects. After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Initiate a project
- Plan a project
- Execute a project
- Monitor and control a project
- Close a project
To successfully complete this course, you must review all of the lessons and complete all of the quiz modules.
This course consists of six sessions, each of which is a collection of related lessons. Individual lessons also include simulations, toolsets and interactive practice exercises. Each session ends with an interactive quiz to test your knowledge.
Following the introductory session, the course is aligned to how you would work through a project, from initiation to closure. Tools and topics are fit within this framework so you use them as you would in an actual project.
On every page, you have access to a variety of helpful learning tools, from an online encyclopedia to a notes tab to support links. You can use the course navigation map to move through the course in a linear fashion or you can skip around and explore topics as you see fit.
Want to see what the course looks like? Then take our brief course tour.
Efficient, Informative and Accessible
- All of the content is available online, in an on-demand format, so you can study at your own pace. To begin, you simply log onto the MoreSteam University learning portal.
- With a heavy practice orientation, as much as 1/3 of your time will be spent working through interactive practice exercises and online assessments.
- You have 180 days to complete this course.
- Do you need a solid knowledge of project management tools and techniques? Then this is the right course for you.
- This course walks you through managing projects from start to finish, with an emphasis on tools, practice, and team management. And because it's online, it offers you many learning advantages over a classroom-based course.
- Online training is ideal if you have limitations on your time, travel, and budget, especially if you've been asked to work your day-to-day job at the same time you need to expand your project management skills.
- Our courses provide you with content-on-demand, which means you can set your own schedule, progress at your own speed, and review and re-enter sessions whenever you wish. It's flexible, practice-based, and accessible whenever and wherever you need it.
- Flexible: This course is presented in a logical, project-based format, but the sessions are modular, so you can explore the material as, how, and when you like.
- Accessible: Online training is available to you wherever you have an Internet connection and a browser.
- Responsive: The quizzes provide immediate feedback. The practice-based interactive exercise will engage your interest and help you to remember the material.
- Affordable: e-Learning has a far lower cost than classroom training. You have no travel expenses and don't miss valuable days at work.
- Meaningful: As proof of your expertise, you will receive a certificate of completion and CEUs or PDUs of credit.
Online training through MoreSteam is:
- Selected recent quotes from our alums:
- "Excellent introduction to project management that can be implemented immediately on the work floor."
- - Damian S., Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- "I look forward to using the information learned in this program. The knowledge gained in this course gives me hope that I can improve Project Management practices where I work, and specific tools to use to achieve that goal."
- - Jody W., Ohio Semitronics, Inc.
- "The course was informative. Gaining insight to these practices helped me understand processes / practices in place by our organization."
- - Dana M., Schneider Electric
View the outlines below
- This course has no pre-requisites.
Materials Provided by MoreSteam
- The course includes Microsoft® Excel® templates for project planning and problem solving. The templates are available as downloads within the course material.
Materials Provided by Student/Company
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Office 2003 or higher is recommended. Office 97 and 2000 do not take advantage of all Excel template features.
When in your training course, you can use the on-screen Help features (e.g., glossary of terms and site search) for information. You can contact the Course Instructor by email during regular business hours to request assistance.
For general technical support, you can visit our MoreSteam University support section, where you can search through our online knowledgebase or send us a support request.
The following are system requirements for MoreSteam eLearning:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows (7 and higher) or Apple Mac OS X
- Microsoft Office®: English-language (U.S.) version 2007 or higher.
- Network: Microsoft Excel must be running locally. EngineRoom will not perform correctly if you are running Microsoft Excel over a network as a distributed application.
- Versions: Only one version of Microsoft Excel can exist. EngineRoom will not perform correctly if there are multiple versions of Microsoft Excel installed on a single computer.
- Macro Security: EngineRoom contains macros; therefore Microsoft Excel macro security must be set to medium or lower.
- Toolpaks: The Microsoft Excel Analysis Toolpak and Analysis Toolpak VBA must be installed.
- Display Properties Setting: Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution.
- Audio: Optional audio in course.
- Chrome: Version 23+
- Edge: Version 3+
- Firefox: Version 17+
- Internet Explorer: Version 11+ (non-tablet)
- Safari: Version 6+
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Latest version
- Flash 10 Player: Latest version
Note: The course content requires that any pop-up blocker be disabled.
When can I begin the course?
With e-Learning, you can start at any time after purchase. You do not have to wait for other students to fill a class or have to attend an instructor-led "kickoff" event. All the materials and instructions are online, and you can complete the course at your own pace.
Does this course include certification?
We do not offer a formal certification for our short courses. As proof of your training, you receive a formal certificate of completion when you pass all of the course quizzes. You also receive CEUs or PDUs of credit.
Do you offer pricing discounts for groups of trainees and deployments?
Of course! Many of our larger customers send tens to hundreds of employees through this training. Please contact us directly to discuss your specific needs.