Fundamentals of Project Management
This online Project Management course covers the fundamental skills, techniques and methods necessary to plan and lead a complex project to successful completion.
The body of knowledge covered by this course aligns with the Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK® as provided by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). When you successfully complete the course, you receive 16 PDU's for PMI recertification.
This Fundamentals of Project Management course is comprised of multiple separate sessions that follow the Project Management Body of Knowledge - PMBOK as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
By completing this course of study, you will gain a solid general knowledge of the fundamental techniques and methods used to successfully plan, manage and lead a complex project.
The overall objective of this course is to help you effectively plan complex projects and lead teams to successfully complete those projects. After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Initiate a project
- Plan a project
- Execute a project
- Monitor and control a project
- Close a project
To successfully complete this course, you must review all of the lessons and complete all of the quiz modules.
This course consists of six sessions, each of which is a collection of related lessons. Individual lessons also include simulations, toolsets and interactive practice exercises. Each session ends with an interactive quiz to test your knowledge.
Following the introductory session, the course is aligned to how you would work through a project, from initiation to closure. Tools and topics are fit within this framework so you use them as you would in an actual project.
On every page, you have access to a variety of helpful learning tools, from an online encyclopedia to a notes tab to support links. You can use the course navigation map to move through the course in a linear fashion or you can skip around and explore topics as you see fit.
Want to see what the course looks like? Then take our brief course tour.
Efficient, Informative and Accessible
- All of the content is available online, in an on-demand format, so you can study at your own pace. To begin, you simply log onto the MoreSteam University learning portal.
- With a heavy practice orientation, as much as 1/3 of your time will be spent working through interactive practice exercises and online assessments.
- You have 180 days to complete this course.
- Do you need a solid knowledge of project management tools and techniques? Then this is the right course for you.
- This course walks you through managing projects from start to finish, with an emphasis on tools, practice, and team management. And because it's online, it offers you many learning advantages over a classroom-based course.
- Online training is ideal if you have limitations on your time, travel, and budget, especially if you've been asked to work your day-to-day job at the same time you need to expand your project management skills.
- Our courses provide you with content-on-demand, which means you can set your own schedule, progress at your own speed, and review and re-enter sessions whenever you wish. It's flexible, practice-based, and accessible whenever and wherever you need it.
- Flexible: This course is presented in a logical, project-based format, but the sessions are modular, so you can explore the material as, how, and when you like.
- Accessible: Online training is available to you wherever you have an Internet connection and a browser.
- Responsive: The quizzes provide immediate feedback. The practice-based interactive exercise will engage your interest and help you to remember the material.
- Affordable: e-Learning has a far lower cost than classroom training. You have no travel expenses and don't miss valuable days at work.
- Meaningful: As proof of your expertise, you will receive a certificate of completion and CEUs or PDUs of credit.
Online training through MoreSteam is:
- Selected recent quotes from our alums:
- "This is one of the best on-line courses I've attended."
- - Pushpa N., Fidelity OES
- "The MoreSteam Lean Methods Accelerator course is a practical way for busy professionals to extend their skills through knowledge of Lean concepts and techniques."
- - Jeff K., Infosys Consulting
- "I found this course to be easy to navigate through with the right level of content. I would highly recommend it to others."
- - Bernard C., Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- "It was very informative and easy to follow."
- - Nikolas E., Hertz
- This course has no pre-requisites.
Materials Provided by MoreSteam
- The course includes Microsoft® Excel® templates for project planning and problem solving. The templates are available as downloads within the course material.
Materials Provided by Student/Company
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Office 2003 or higher is recommended. Office 97 and 2000 do not take advantage of all Excel template features.
When in your training course, you can use the on-screen Help features (e.g., glossary of terms and site search) for information. You can contact the Course Instructor by email during regular business hours to request assistance.
For general technical support, you can visit our MoreSteam University support section, where you can search through our online knowledgebase or send us a support request.
The following are system requirements for MoreSteam eLearning:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Latest version
- Note: The course content requires that any pop-up blocker be disabled.
No additional requirements are necessary for EngineRoom Web.
When can I begin the course?
With e-Learning, you can start at any time after purchase. You do not have to wait for other students to fill a class or have to attend an instructor-led "kickoff" event. All the materials and instructions are online, and you can complete the course at your own pace.
How long does the Fundamentals of Project Management training take?
You have 180 days to complete the course, which represents about 16 hours of training.
Does this course include certification?
We do not offer a formal certification for our short courses. As proof of your training, you receive a formal certificate of completion when you pass all of the course quizzes. You also receive CEUs or PDUs of credit.
Do you offer pricing discounts for groups of trainees and deployments?
Of course! Many of our larger customers send tens to hundreds of employees through this training. Please contact us directly to discuss your specific needs.